Let's be the change we want to see in the world—together.
We bring together curious and passionate people who want to be allies. Together, we deepen our understanding of other faith-based traditions and find a common ground so we can move forward in a new way with support, love, and allyship to change our communities and the world while honoring our own faith.
Create unity in your community.
Share Inspiring Stories. Be inspired by people bridging bias and building unity, just like you.
Nurture Positive Relationships. Discover people with a common vision, values, and be strengthened by mutual support.
Work Together for the Common Good. Be inspired and supported in taking collective action for ourselves, our children, and the earth.
The right conversations can transform a community and the world. We've created a safe space for you to think deeper, be vulnerable, and create authentic relationships. Join our vibrant community of peacemakers like you, today.
What you can expect.
Because we are all so diverse, your Paths to Understanding experience will be unique. From personal identity to community awareness, we don't limit what growth means to you.
- A private community that's fun and customizable to your interfaith interests.
- Find people in similar situations.
- Inspire others by sharing your story.
- Talk with people who are doing the work.
- Peer-to-peer. Peer-to-mentor.
- Ask questions that clarify and focus your work.
- Online classes and mini-courses - from interfaith and community building to countering bigotry towards Muslims Jews, and Native Americans.
- Recommended reads and listens. We have a growing library of (often) unknown books, articles, videos, and podcasts to help you on your path. Including our very own Challenge 2.0 television show and podcast.
- Regular webinars with special guests and experts in the community.
- Live Q&As with community leaders.
Unite with Allies.
- Learn from experts who understand and share your experience.
- Local member gatherings - invite Paths to Understanding to your community or public event.
- Identify regional partners.
- Connect with other interfaith organizations.
Is the Paths to Understanding network right for you?
You are a perfect fit for our community and will get the most from joining us if you identify with these:
- You crave guidance, support, and a sense of community.
- You value learning from other's experiences, including hard lessons learned.
- You're eager to contribute your own learning and hard lessons learned with group members.
- You'll push yourself to share the hard stuff and the stuff that is exciting-but-terrifying with the community.
- You're willing to be open and honest about your experiences so others can learn from you.
- You're committed to taking action and you're willing to take a few risks.
We're not looking for conformity. We want to hear from people who have different backgrounds and experiences. We take a hands-on approach to community moderation to prevent harm—or addressing it if there is a problem. We are also committed to addressing ableism, ageism, racism, and all forms of gender, religion, and sex discrimination.
You get what you give.
Real Community Comes from Genuine Contribution.
You belong here. Welcome.